A Fantastic Opportunity For A Talented Up & Coming Operator
Accounting and Business Management Professional
We are a Hong Kong based fast-growing professional services enterprise with a global team operating from Hong Kong, Philippines, China, India, Egypt, UK, Romania, Moldova, Bulgaria and Australia. Our business presently feeds 27 families including those of the 2 Co-Founders Stephen Barnes and Martyn Penny. Founded in Hong Kong in 2011, we have designed a business model entirely to suit the dynamics of the new digital economy which is fast emerging around us. Seth Godin calls this the Connection Economy. Our business model for the Connection Economy is called IntelligentContent Marketing and we have used it in our first enterprise, the Hong Kong Visa Centre which now generates professional service revenues in excess of a USD1.5m with 2 new, additional streams of revenues about to commence after a multi-year investment and product development project phase in our growth.
The Co-Founders are looking for an enterprise-management ‘wingman’ who will take complete responsibility for the following, amongst others, business outcomes:
- Design, implementation and management of accounting and business systems based upon the Xero accounting platform and our house-built system.
- Execute our strategic plan as the components are materialized and we expand into logically adjacent service lines over the next few years.
- Coordinate the Team Leaders so as to provide a direct means of report into the Co-Founders.
- Demonstration of leadership commanding the natural dynamics of our staffing model which is based on deserved trust.
- Everything else which is not described above but which would otherwise naturally fall within your general and proven competencies (i.e. if you can do the stuff above you are more than capable to do new stuff too as you grow with our business).
You know you’re smart and you’re clearly ambitious. Until now the work you have done has given you rock solid experience in enterprise management and business accounting activities but you’ve never before had the chance to help mould a fast-growing company working directly with the owners. You have a solid accounting background and are familiar with all the major accounting software, both online and off. Ideally you will have experience with Xero but that’s not essential. You will learn Xero intimately in any event. You understand business structures and can independently develop and implement them. You want to be trusted and are keen to demonstrate just how capable you are. You are a fast learner and understand that none of your work will lead to ‘upward delegation’ to the Co-Founders. If you have ideas and we agree to their adoption, you own the responsibility for their implementation. The Co-Founders call the shots and your job is to do their bidding.
– A recognized professional accounting qualification (CFA, CPA etc)
– Experience in enterprise management at the documentation level
– Fast-learner, outcomes orientated, leadership capable
– Build your own understanding of our purpose and values and explore opportunities for impact
– Demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development; act as a brand ambassador to attract top talent
– Understand the Co-Founders expectations and demonstrate personal accountability for keeping performance on track
– Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship building skills
– Understand how your daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and our business
– Self-motivated, mature, strong sense of responsibility.
– Excellent command of English
– Guaranteed fixed monthly contract income
– Indefinite contract; the role is yours so long as you continue to prove that you deserve it
– Work with brilliant, creative, highly motivated young colleagues who are also striving to play at the highest level
– Work from home or work from our office in Sofia
– Report directly to the owners so opportunities abound to make a direct impact
– Enjoy learning new ways of doing business in an international setting
– Amazing opportunity for growth
If you think you’re the ideal person for this role then please study in detail our websites:
Be ready to talk with some familiarity with our business model. You’re not expected to be an expert when we interview, but certainly have knowledge of the ideas behind it and why it works.
1 – Send us your detailed CV & compensation/vacation expectations
2 – Be ready for initial pre-interview discussion with Sofia based colleagues
3 – Video interview with Stephen Barnes
4 – Pre-appointment interview with Stephen Barnes & Martyn Penny
5 – Join us within (ideally) 30 days