New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

Can I Work in Shenzhen on My Hong Kong Employment Visa?

March 28th, 2022

Posted in Employment Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


Can I work in Shenzhen on my Hong Kong employment visa?


So, just what is the deal with being employed ex Hong Kong but actually working in China?


I just graduated with a Master’s degree from a Hong Kong university. I am still a Hong Kong resident with student status. My university allows me to now apply for an employment visa.

Luckily, I managed to find a long term job here from a Hong Kong employer.

However, most of my work will be done in Mainland China (Shenzhen) and I will need to be in Mainland China most often during the year.

Could you let me know what kind of visa I should apply for in order for me to travel frequently between Mainland China and Hong Kong assuming the boundary will open fully later this year?

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

What’s a suitable Hong Kong visa & immigration strategy for a highly accomplished professional trailing unmarried partner?

Eligibility criteria for the Hong Kong working holiday visa scheme

I want to live in Hong Kong with my boyfriend – is the working holiday visa a viable option?

The Travel Pass used to keep a family together in Hong Kong – quite lawfully!

The Hong Kong Immigration Department – what an efficient organisation they really are!




Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...