New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

Hong Kong Permanent Residency – Does Being Out of Work for 12 Months on a 3 Year Working Visa Cause a Problem For the 7 Years’ Continuous Stay?

July 17th, 2014

Posted in Long Stay & PR, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


On May 29, 2014  I gave a talk on How to Apply for the Right of Abode in Hong Kong at the American Club.

Watch this video on YouTube.

The following question was asked:

Does being out of work for 12 months on a 3 year working visa cause a problem for the 7 years’ continuous stay?

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Hong Kong permanent residency application with a 2 years absence from Hong Kong!

Hong Kong right of abode application – arguing away missing periods of residence

Will a break in continuous employment mean a break in continuous residence for the purposes of a Hong Kong right of abode application?

Losing Hong Kong unconditional stay due to studies abroad – a family’s dilemma

10 must have resources for a successful Hong Kong permanent residency application


Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...