New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

Hong Kong Visitor Visa – Can My 2 Week Visitor Visa Wife ‘Piggy Back’ on My 90 Day Visitor Visa Nationality To Get The Same Limit of Stay As Me?

January 12th, 2018

Posted in The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Visitor Visas, Your Question Answered /


Does it help being a 90 day Hong Kong visitor visa national if your spouse is a 14 day Hong Kong visitor visa national?



I am an American who has recently married a Filipina.  

I do not have any residence visa for Hong Kong; I’m just here as a 90 day visitor as a US citizen.

Can I get relative visa for my wife for the same 90 day stay?

I can document our relationship (her passport now has my last name) and support.

We are staying in a hotel for her allowed 2 weeks. In this case is a lease proving roof over head advisable?

I am certified to teach with a Masters degree.

Long term, I will be seeking out desirable employment and feasibility of permanent residence.

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

I am an independent contractor in Hong Kong not an employee – can I get an intercompany transferee employment visa?

Hong Kong investment visas – three case examples that would not get approved

Can I come to Hong Kong to install equipment without an employment visa?

Do you need a Hong Kong employment visa if you work for a Hong Kong company but not in Hong Kong?

Is there such an Animal as a ‘Flexible Working Visa’ for Hong Kong?




Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...