New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

How Can I Bring My Chinese Girlfriend to Hong Kong to Live With Me While I Work Here?

April 25th, 2022

Posted in Family Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


Having a relationship with a Chinese partner resident on the Mainland can be problematic if you wish to share your lives together in Hong Kong…


I am looking to take up employment in Hong Kong from November 1st.

My biggest concern is the ability and feasibility for my girlfriend from Mainland China to be able to join me in Hong Kong.

Please can you advise on possible options.

She only graduated just over a year ago, so a Mainland Talent visa, I assume, is definitely out.

Thanks for your time, much appreciated.

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Interview: do you think that IANG allows a loophole for foreign graduates to game the immigration system in Hong Kong?

So, what ARE your chances of successfully securing a QMAS visa for Hong Kong?

Foreign national entrepreneurs starting up in Hong Kong or China – where is better for visas?

In real terms what is the difference between Hong Kong’s General Employment Policy and the Admission of Mainland Talents & Professionals Scheme?

The anatomy of a Capital Investment Entrant Scheme pathway to a HKSAR passport for a Chinese national resident on the Mainland




Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...