New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

How Can I Convert My Foreign Domestic Helper Visa to a Dependant Visa After Marriage to a Hong Kong Permanent Resident?

March 3rd, 2018

Posted in Family Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


Can you swap from a foreign domestic helper visa to a dependant visa whilst in Hong Kong?



My domestic helper, from the Philippines, is married to a Hong Kong Permanent Resident.

Her contract with me expires in April and they want to apply for a dependent visa for her.

Is this possible, what are the criteria and what would be the time line?

Can I extend her domestic helper visa whilst her dependent visa application is being processed, so she is still able to work?

Many thanks

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Are there any realistic long term visa options for FDH’s in Hong Kong seeking to remain here with their boyfriends?

Can children born in Hong Kong to foreign domestic helpers get dependant visas?

Right of Abode for foreign domestic helpers in Hong Kong – it was all so inevitable really

How can my fiance transition from a foreign domestic helper visa to a dependant visa with 6-12 months to go before we get married?

Is it ever possible to convert a foreign domestic helper visa to an employment visa in Hong Kong?



Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...