New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

If I Live and Work in China But Have a Hong Kong Employment Visa Can I Get Dependant Visas for My Family?

November 9th, 2021

Posted in Employment Visas, Family Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


To live in Hong Kong requires a place to lay your head here each night. What happens to your application for dependant visas for your family if you don’t have anywhere for them to live?


I have held a Hong Kong employment visa for the last 3 years.

 But most of the time I work in Shenzhen, China.

 I am here with my family  but I am thinking about moving them to Hong Kong finally for good education and other reasons etc.

 Now I want to apply dependant visas for them, my wife and two kids .

 But I do not have tenancy lease agreement to show residence proof .

 Please advise!

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

How is my dependant visa impacted under the Admission of Mainland Talents and Professionals Scheme  if my sponsor-father goes back to China to work?

Can I get a Hong Kong dependant visa for my Chinese spouse presently resident on the Mainland?

Am I eligible for an extension to my Hong Kong dependant visa  if my PHKID holding spouse doesn’t actually live here any more?

What are your visa options if your marriage in Hong Kong has irretrievably broken down?

Why public internet forums are a cr@p source of Hong Kong visa & immigration advice




Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...