New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

QOTW: Can You Stay As a Visitor While Processing a Hong Kong Work Visa Application?

April 10th, 2015

Posted in Employment Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


Lots of visa gossip and rumours in Hong Kong and we can safely add the following question to that bucket…

Watch this video on YouTube.


Processing a Hong Kong work visa application…

At the time when a Hong Kong visa agent submits an employment visa application on my behalf, is it then in fact considered problematic by Immigration that I’m already in Hong Kong on a visitor visa?

Will it make my case better to stay in my home country until the application has been submitted?

I have heard many divergent opinions on this.

For example to better be out of Hong Kong and not enter till after a minimum of 48 hours after submitting.

Please help me with your expert advice.

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Is it ever OK to work in Hong Kong on a visitor visa?

Will the Hong Kong Immigration Department extend your visitor visa if you ask them to?

The long-stay visitor’s awkward predicament

Is the Travel Pass as good as a Hong Kong employment visa?

Will any time you spend in Hong Kong as a visitor count towards the magic 7 years for the right of abode?


Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...