New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

QOTW: Hong Kong Right of Abode Application – How Important Are Prior Tenancy Agreements?

February 9th, 2014

Posted in Feature Article, Long Stay & PR, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


Are tenancy agreement copies absolutely vital for a successful Hong Kong right of abode application?

Watch this video on YouTube.


For my Hong Kong PR application, what happens if I am unable to provide copies of my tenancy agreements? 

I never thought I would still be here for 7 years so I every 2 years I get rid of old documents i.e. bank statements, tenancy agreements, utilities etc. 

Also for years 3~7 I was living with my ex partner so the tenancy agreement was in his name or his employer’s name.

What can I do? 

Will utility bills be enough?

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

What paperwork (if any) goes into your passport to reflect the fact of your Hong Kong right of abode status?

Relocating to Hong Kong for work or business – applying for permanent residency after 7 years

Hong Kong right of abode approval with a 2 year absence from Hong Kong!

How to apply for the right of abode in Hong Kong without any professional assistance –  the approvability test

So, just what is the deal with the right to land in Hong Kong anyway?


Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...