New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

QOTW: How Easy (or Hard) Is It to Swap From a Hong Kong Working Holiday Visa to a Full Employment Visa?

May 24th, 2014

Posted in Employment Visas, Special Programmes, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


The working holiday visa and the Hong Kong employment visa are 2 completely different animals…

Watch this video on YouTube.


I’m an Australian citizen in Hong Kong, working under a working holiday visa which only permits me to work 3 months per employer.

Is the only way around this to be sponsored by my employer or can I transfer to another visa?

I presume it’s quite expensive and tricky to be sponsored by a company – is that true?

Thanks in advance for your help! 

More Stuff  You May Find Useful or Interesting

From eel farms to chicken sexing – all in a day’s work for the Hong Kong visa geeza!

Why internet forums are a cr@p source of Hong Kong visa & immigration advice

Hong Kong working visas – is it possible to build a new business here relying solely on highly specialist foreign national skills and talent?

10 Must-Have resources for any Hong Kong investment visa application

The industry secret most Hong Kong immigration consultants don’t want you to discover


Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...