New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

QOTW: Swapping to a Hong Kong Employment Visa from a Working Holiday Visa – Possible?

September 2nd, 2014

Posted in Employment Visas, Feature Article, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


The Working Holiday Visa is an excellent addition to the options young people of certain nationalities have to come to Hong Kong to work; but can you stay here longer than the original 12 months ImmD give you?

Watch this video on YouTube.



I am on a UK Working Holiday Visa.

The question is this:

Can I upgrade to a full working visa during my 12 months, at the end or after my Working Holiday Visa is finished if I find work and a company that will sponsor me?

Or will I be refused on the grounds I shouldn’t be looking for permanent work (or other grounds you may know of). 

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Can you undertake freelance work or start your own business on a Hong Kong working holiday visa?

Eligibility criteria for the Hong Kong working holiday visa

I want to live in Hong Kong with my boyfriend – is the working holiday visa a good option?

Hong Kong Travel Pass used to keep an extended family together – quite lawfully!

Hong Kong visa information, help and guidance on your mobile – 100% free!


Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...