New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

QOTW: What Kind of Visa Can We Get So My FDH Girlfriend (Contract Terminated) Can Stay With Me in Hong Kong?

March 2nd, 2014

Posted in Feature Article, Special Programmes, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Visitor Visas, Your Question Answered /


Any possibility for love to continue in the wake of a terminated FDH contract?

Watch this video on YouTube.


My girl friend is a Filipino domestic helper who has just left her employment with a Chinese family – however, she wants to stay in Hong Kong with me.

Can you advise me on how this might be achieved?

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

How can I convert my Foreign Domestic Helper visa Into a Dependant visa after marriage to a Hong Kong permanent resident?

Do immigration consultants add any value to the Hong Kong immigration process?

Can children born in Hong Kong to Foreign Domestic Helpers get dependant visas?

Right of Abode in Hong Kong for Foreign Domestic Helpers – it was all so-inevitable really

Why applying for a Hong Kong Foreign Domestic Helper visa for your girlfriend is not a good idea


Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...