New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

What Visa Options Exist For A Trailing Girlfriend Where There is No Possibility of a Hong Kong Defacto Spouse Visa?

January 26th, 2018

Posted in Family Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


The pickings are slim where there is no possibility of a Hong Kong defacto spouse visa (otherwise known as a prolonged visitor visa)…



I have looked over your website and found lots of good information.

However, I think I have a question that may not have been answered on the site.

I have been offered a job in Hong Kong and want to accept it and move there with my girlfriend.

She is from Turkey and is 30 years old.

I don’t think we will be able to apply for a Hong Kong defacto spouse visa as we have not lived together for long enough etc.

My question is: Do we basically need to get married?

Or is another option repeated visa runs on her part?

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

What type of visa do you think you need for Hong Kong?

I want to live in Hong Kong with my boyfriend – is the working holiday visa a viable option?

Hong Kong employment visa – teenage high school graduate gets approved!

Can I come to Hong Kong to install equipment without an employment visa?

What is the condition precedent for defacto spouse in securing a prolonged visitor visa for Hong Kong?




Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...