New Content Daily Sign Up Here

60 Second Snapshot'

Can I Apply for a Visa After I Have Moved to Hong Kong or Should I Apply Beforehand?

May 1st, 2012

Posted in 60 Second Snapshot, Employment Visas, Family Visas, Investment Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza /


Watch this video on YouTube.

In some cases, you simply must be outside of Hong Kong to apply. In others, you definitely have to be in Hong Kong on the day your application is filed. It all depends. There are pros and cons and a lot depends on your nationality too!

More Stuff to Help You Along

I have been made redundant but my wife is working – can we swap our Hong Kong employment and spouse visas around so I can become her dependant in Hong Kong?

What’s a suitable Hong Kong visa and immigration strategy for a highly accomplished professional trailing unmarried partner?

The Visa Geeza on RTHK Radio 3 – January 2013

The perils of contriving a job offer just for the purposes of a Hong Kong employment visa application

The industry secret most Hong Kong immigration consultants don;t want you to discover


Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...