New Content Daily Sign Up Here


How Does An American Get Citizenship in China?

May 11th, 2014

Posted in Musing, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza /


Sometimes I get the strangest emails…

Cop in China

Work is drying up here in the United States. I’m a born US Citizen. I’m Native American. I have my BA Degree in Criminal Justice and almost done with my Masters. Yet I can’t get work here in the United States. How do I find work in China? How would I get citizenship? We’re already sending all of our jobs over seas to China. Why not figure out how to get a job there and Citizenship. I’ve already traveled to China during my time in the Navy. I’ve been to Hong Kong twice and to Beijing. I understand the Chinese government hates ours would that blow my chances of getting citizenship? My degree is in Criminal Justice. Would I be permitted to become a cop in China? Or a degree that has something to do with Criminal Justice? Like a prison guard, jail, court room cop, something?

More Stuff You Might Find Equally Ridiculous

Please help me help you by asking Hong Kong immigration questions I can actually answer!

True story of a deluded foreign national trying to sue his way to a Hong Kong employment visa

STOP PRESS..! Hitler’s Hong Kong passport application has just been rejected

The Hong Kong Visa Handbook – now available in good book stores everywhere!

Why internet forums are a cr@p source of Hong Kong visa & immigration advice


Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...