New Content Daily Sign Up Here

60 Second Snapshot'

I’ve Lost My Job – What Happens to My Hong Kong Employment Visa?

May 1st, 2012

Posted in 60 Second Snapshot, Employment Visas, Investment Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza /


Watch this video on YouTube.

You will not get kicked out of Hong Kong now that you’re no longer working for the sponsor of your current employment visa.

Instead, you need to approach the Immigration Department to change employers (which is an employment visa application) or establish or join in a new business (an investment visa application).

This short presentation sets out the road ahead now that the visa landscape has shifted from under your feet.

More Stuff to Help You Along

Are there any advantages to being an existing resident when you make an application for a Hong Kong investment visa?

Do I need to work for the same employer in order to get the right of abode in Hong Kong?

Your employer must help you get your Hong Kong employment visa 

What’s the story when you hold a Hong Kong work visa and face redundancy?

I’ve lost my job – will I get kicked out of Hong Kong?


Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...