New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

QOTW: Can I Expect to Get a Hong Kong Investment Visa if All of Our Work is Undertaken Outside of Hong Kong?

March 17th, 2014

Posted in Investment Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


The question asked actually belies a bigger issue when it comes to getting a  business investment visa for Hong Kong…

Watch this video on YouTube.


I’m looking at incorporating an internet based Company in Hong Kong, with the intention to cut my residency ties to my current country and operate the Company full time there.

All of the income generated would be from outside of Hong Kong.

My question is, under the business investment Vvsa, how many days per year would I need to be in Hong Kong in order to maintain my investment visa at the end of each year?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

10 ‘must have’ resources for any Hong Kong business investment visa application

The economy at home is very bad – what investment visa options exist for you in Hong Kong?

But Stephen how do you ever make any money when you give all your expertise away for free?

Paying for visa help – the who’s who of the Hong Kong immigration services industry

Is it ever possible to seek an early extension to a Hong Kong investment visa for a non-immigration related reason?


Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...