New Content Daily Sign Up Here


QOTW: Can I Get A Hong Kong Work Visa With No Degree?

January 8th, 2015

Posted in Employment Visas, Musing, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza /


An old chestnut this question which comes up time and time again about getting a Hong Kong work visa with no degree – albeit this time in the context of a technical apprenticeship undertaken straight out of senior high school.

Watch this video on YouTube.


I moved to Hong Kong from France one month ago.

I came here together with my boyfriend who has started to work here (we are not married, so no dependant visa!!).

In France I was working for Company A as a customer service agent. I actually also got a job at Company A here in Hong Kong before I arrived here.

But I don’t have a university degree. I did my A-Levels in France followed by a 2,5 year apprenticeship in my niche and after that I worked there for about 2 years.

What are my chances to get the working visa, without holding a University degree?

More Stuff You May Find Interesting or Useful

The perils of contriving a job offer just for the purposes of a Hong Kong employment visa application

Is there a base salary for a Hong Kong employment visa?

100% Hong Kong visa application success rate? Take it all with a pinch of salt!

Do immigration consultants add any value to the Hong Kong visa and immigration process?

Social media keeping Hong Kong immigration consultants on their toes – scary stuff!


Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...