New Content Daily Sign Up Here


Weird & Wonderful Ways to Get Working Permissions in Hong Kong – The Study-then-Work Visa

June 14th, 2016

Posted in Musing, Special Programmes, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza /


On April 4th I gave a talk at Centre O Connect in Sheung Wan about some of the quirky ways to get working permissions in Hong Kong and delighted to share them with you now in this series of  8 short videos.

You can download the slides here.

The Rest of the Series


You ALWAYS Need A Visa To Work in Hong Kong

The Working Holiday Visa

The Study-then-Work Visa

The Top Notch Talent Visa

The Dependant Visa

The Entrepreneur Visa

D-I-Y Applications


More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Will any time spent in Hong Kong as a Visitor count against my 7 years for permanent residency?

Time spent outside of Hong Kong for work – the impact on your right of abode.

Work in Hong Kong for 5 years – leave for 2 – then return: will I lose my continuous residence for PR purposes?

Generosity As a Business Model: Business Talents Network, Yorkshire Pudding & The Hong Kong Visa Geeza

Do I Need to be Physically Present in Hong Kong When My Father Extends His Dependant Visa?


Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...