New Content Daily Sign Up Here


What Do The Immigration Department Say About Permitted Activity as a Visitor to Hong Kong?

October 4th, 2016

Posted in Musing, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Visitor Visas /


The Italian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong recently enquired of ImmD this very question and in July published their International Business Committee (IBC) Paper on “Immigration Arrangements for Entry for Visit and Employment in Hong Kong“.

You can download a copy here to learn what is permitted activity as a visitor to Hong Kong.

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Will the Hong Kong Immigration Department tell you why a Visitor Visa application has been refused?

Is it ever OK to work in Hong Kong on a visitor visa?

Russian Club talk – Hong Kong residence visas for 2 week visitor nationals – Presentation For Download

Can I do business in Hong Kong yet live in Shenzhen to save costs & commute across the Boundary each day to do my business?

Is it ever possible to swap a Foreign Domestic Helper Visa into a eegular Employment Visa in Hong Kong?


Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...