New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

What Chance is There That ImmD Will Grant a Visa to a Foreign National Who Previously Overstayed in Hong Kong by Five-And-A-Half Years?

March 1st, 2021

Posted in Employment Visas, Family Visas, Investment Visas, Special Programmes, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Visitor Visas, Your Question Answered /


Overstayed in Hong Kong for a very long time previously…?


Great question this, not so much because the answer is mostly quite obvious, but because it gives me a chance to have a discussion about overstaying generally.


I was looking for a male helper and found a suitable one for our family.

However, he overstayed in Hong Kong and surrendered to the Immigration Department and has now gone back to his country. He overstayed for almost 5 and half years,

He has all the qualifications we are looking for.

My question is: will Hong Kong immigration let him come back if we apply domestic helper visa for him ?

Or we are just wasting our time by applying for a visa for him?

Thanks a lot.

More Stuff You May Find Interesting or Useful

What happens if you overstay your Hong Kong visa limit of stay?

I know the Immigration Department website is a black hole for denied Hong Kong visa applicants so what can I do now?

How To apply for a Hong Kong Identity Card

What to do if your find yourself in the Hong Kong visa ‘twilight zone’?

How do you establish your bona fides as non-business frequent visitor to Hong Kong?




Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...